News & Announcements
Family Literacy “15 minutes of FUN”
- Did you know that 85% of brain development occurs before age 5?
- Reading aloud begins at birth.
- When reading to little ones start with soft or hard baby books, that can be chewed on and have lots of rhyming and repetition.
- Books that rhyme and have repetitive words are pleasing to the ear and capture a child’s attention.
- Books that rhyme help develop the rhythm of language, rhyming and vocabulary.
- Reading aloud to your child provides you with special bonding time.
- Every night before bed, cuddle up with a good book.
- Read aloud, read it together, talk about the pictures, find other words that rhyme with the words in the book…Go ahead cuddle up and have FUN reading together!
Please consider the temperature and weather conditions when assisting your child with clothing for the day. There may be times when the weather is deemed too cold for outdoor recess. That determination is made at the school on a daily basis, but please remember that on most days there will be outdoor recess even if it is for an abbreviated time. Winter coats, hats, mittens, gloves and ski pants are most appropriate on these cold days.
We realize that temperatures in our buildings may vary, so dressing in layers…is a good practice. In addition, please consider labeling coats, gloves, hats, scarves, etc. as these items of clothing sometimes get misplaced. Take the time to check out the Lost and Found at your child’s school, as each has a large number of items at this time of year.
Holy Trinity Catholic School Division welcomes all staff and students back to school on Monday, January 5, 2015.